1. Your child always has a number of activities for you to do...play dress-up, eat her play food, build blocks, color, spank...you know, the usual.
2. You always have eyes on you (since your child is the one yelling at the top of her lungs that she needs to pee in the potty in a busy restaurant).
3. Modesty is out the window due to the fact that all persons at the perfume counter at Belk know that you can pee in potty, wipe, and wash your hands all by yourself!
4. Your child picks a favorite word and continues to scream it to strangers and make up songs about it....Hadley's favorite word at the moment is poopy. What? You've never heard of the song, "Little Bo-Poopy", or "Mary Had a Little Poopy". Well, come to my house.
5. Your child always goes in public wearing full costume. For us that includes a princess dress, butterfly wings, rain boots, and a cowboy hat. My little future style gooroo...
6. Your child only eats about 3 different things and then decides she only likes one of those on Wednesdays. ("Hadley do you want a grilled cheese"..."No, I just want that on Wednesday". Grrr...
7. Your child makes you repeat after her..."Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Hadley the Great" while she dances around you at the grocery store.
8. People in Walmart, Ingles, Foodcity...basically anywhere...look at you as if to say, "Control your child while you're at the checkout counter". My response to this: I've controlled her (sort of) the whole time we've been in here...YOUR TURN!
9. You know that you've threatened to spank and go to time out enough when you walk into your child's room and all her babies have been spanked and are sitting in time-out. :(
10. Finally...that child that has embarrassed you at every public place you've been, wrote on nameless things with her "special markers", threw toys in the toilet, made pictures with spit on your car windows, and basically been a cute stinker all day-looks at you with her cute little smile, kisses you and says, "Mommy, I love you". Awww....melts my heart all over again.